“I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says “Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.” ~Lewis Carroll
Things that have happened today:
- I was sent a Christmas card from my ex-husband’s mistress, she signed it with a heart.
- Ex-husband informed me this morning around 9 that the kids had a concert tonight with their CCD classes. Kids are being raised in his religion so he is the one who takes them to classes. Since I had no idea of the concert, I had went ahead and made other plans.
- Actual text I received from previously mentioned ex-husband about the concert tonight: Just saying a good mom would just drive them straight to their concert and have them here by 5 and stay there and watch them. Followed up by: A mother that loves her children makes little saccrofices(spelling his.)
- Declan managed to break his fiberglass splint and was upgraded to a fiberglass cast. His color of choice: black.
- Also, I think I killed my water kefir grains. The sugar water didn’t get lighter like it usually does, but it still smells fermenty. It’s giving me mixed signals.
“Sometimes when I’m talking, my words can’t keep up with my thoughts. I wonder why we think faster than we speak. Probably so we can think twice.” ~ Bill Watterson
Our local movie theater has taken a hard stance on their no chickens allowed policy. And Fancyfeet and Fuzzball are just as excited as the rest of us to see the new Hunger Games movie. So they’ve been forced to act out Catching Fire while hoping for a quick DVD release date.
FF chose the role of Katniss.
Fuzzball flat out refused to be Peeta. She choose Effie Trinket to play. I tried to explain that since there are only two of them in this play that she really needed to be Peeta, but she thinks Peeta is a wimp.
I wish I could say their play was a success, but sadly I can only give them 1 star out of 5. There was no one in the audience and they didn’t bother reading the book or watching the first movie so they mostly just bumbled around clucking. I was embarrassed for them and their lack of preparation.
Is this the end of their short lived acting careers? FF was quoted saying, “A setback is a setup for a comeback.” We shall have to wait and see what the future holds for this dynamic duo.
A Monday walk has become a ritual for our family. Often on the weekends, we all go our own ways. These walks give us a chance to catch up with one another without other distractions. Here are a few of the interesting things that we noticed.
Sibling relationships are complicated. All family relationships are. Look at Hamlet. ~Maurice Saatchi